This has been a hard thing for me to open up about over on instagram. Even writing out the title of this post made me cringe a little bit! But you guys have been so sweet and the dozens of DM’s I got from my followers saying they’re going through the same thing made me feel less embarrassed. I wanted to write out every single suggestion I got from so anyone can reference this list when we need new ideas, complete with product links! Disclaimer: I can’t speak for the effectiveness of any of these products! But lots of the suggestions I got were from hair stylists so I feel comfortable passing them along. Here we go…
Thats it for products. I got a lot of lifestyle suggestions too!
- Don’t wear your hair up! But if you have to, change the hairstyle its not always breaking in the same place. Similarly, change your part occasionally. Switch to braids, bobby pins, invisibobbles etc
- Eat healthy, drink lots of water, take care of you bodies. Unhealthy lifestyles affects hair too!
- Keep up with haircuts and trims. Straggly, frizzy, damaged ends can extend to the scalp.
- See a doctor. Start with your primary physician so they can assess and refer you to a specialist.
- Keep it short. I can attest to this one. The longer my hair is, the more thin it looks. When its short, most people have no idea how thin my hair really is!
- Curl it. Heat isn’t the best for your hair but curling adds volume and creates the appearance of thicker hair.
- Lay off the heat. Try air drying it as often as possible. I love the Kristin Ess Sea Salt Air Dry Spray for this. It’s not heat activated so it adds amazing texture and volume without damaging it!
Last tip is to remember that our bodies are constantly changing! There are a million different stages, we are always shedding, we are always experiencing new growth and most of the time, everyones situations are normal. Some things are completely out of our control, we can only do as much as we can do. As long as we are being good to ourselves and as long as there are no underlying issues, sometimes it just is what it is, it’s nothing to be embarrassed about it and we are all perfect the way we are!
Hope you guys find this list to be helpful! Please let me know if there is anything I need to add!