…as a customer!
This is going to be 2 – parter because the reasons I love maskcara as a customer are different than the reasons I love maskcara as an artist so I’ll save those for later! I’ll be honest…when I signed up to be an artist, I had never tried the makeup! GASP! I had heard of it and I’d actually heard great things and wanted to try it, I just hadn’t taken that step to splurge on something for myself. You know, mom life, always buying cute stuff for the kids but never for your self. BUT I quickly fell in love! And the reasons I fell in love are what I want to chat about in this post. So here we go!
- It’s easy. OH MY GOSH you guys, its SO easy to use! I had literally zero makeup experience with makeup before I became an artist. Was I scared? YES! But let me assure anyone reading this that is afraid to HAC (highlight and contour) Maskcara could not have made it any easier. Literally, my husband could do it. And he has! It’s fool proof. Not that you’re a fool…but a total fool could definitely do this.
2. It doesn’t look cakey. Having never been in to beauty before using Maskcara, I’m definitely in the “less is more” camp. I like my skin to look naturally flawless, without it looking like I have a bunch of makeup on. I’ve even used it like a tinted moisturizer, mixing my main foundation color with my fave moisturizer for an even more sheer look while still providing a little coverage. But even on the days where I actually NEED more coverage and have to use more, it still blends easily and I’m still able to achieve a “my skin but better” look. The magic of CREAM makeup! Cream is also the best for the dewy look, which I love!
3. It’s fast. I am a mom of 2 toddlers. I went through a hard postpartum depression period after our second was born, it lasted until she was a year old. During that time, I rarely got ready so when I became an artist (just after she turned 1) and challenged myself to get ready more often, it truly was a challenge. I mean, my kids were smaller so I had even less time then than I do now but once I got in to the groove of doing my makeup, I got really fast! I didn’t have to choose between mom time and me time…I could do both. In fact, I could do my makeup with one hand while holding my baby with the other if I needed to. Why is it fast? Well, all of my makeup is conveniently in one refillable magnetic compact so I’m not wasting any time searching through my drawers or opening and closing products, I’m just using my brushes and dipping in to a different tin when I want to switch colors. Easy! Not to mention, space saving (hello my traveling friends!)!
4. It’s affordable. Even though I’m an artist, I still have to pay for my makeup. Yes I get a discount and yes there are ways for me to earn it for free (same ways non-artists can…I host parties!) but for the most part, I buy it! Which is why its important to me that it’s cost effective. Each foundation shade and eyeshadow is only $14 and since the compacts are refillable, I’m only buying what I need, when I need it. And it’s high quality stuff! As are the brushes, which range from $18-$36 and are all double ended. They are in fact, THE BEST brushes. I don’t care what makeup you’re using (you should be using Maskcara), these brushes are just the best. Oh and theres free shipping on all orders and you can get the compacts for free by getting a certain amount of colors. Ba-da-BOOM.
5. It’s pretty. Ok, ok, this doesn’t mean the makeup works any better or any less than anything else. But it matters! To me, anyway. The branding and packaging is so pretty and fun! Branding is what draws anyone in to anything and thats definitely what attracted me in the first place.
6. The ingredients. This one is simple. I don’t want I put crap on my face. For one, I have sensitive skin and it just doesn’t handle yucky ingredients well. And two, I only have one face! So I intend to take care of it and treat it like a queen. High quality, super refined, non-comedogenic, cruelty-free, gluten free, paraben free and vegan except for beeswax. Speaking of sensitive skin, my skin handled this new routine like a champ and it actually cleared up so I think thats a great sign!
So there ya have it! The top reasons I love Maskcara Beauty as a customer! It fits my lifestyle, its fits my standards and perhaps most importantly, I feel like a friggin babe when I wear it!