Walking in to a Sephora store can be SO overwhelming! I feel like I’m fairly well versed in the beauty world and even I start to feel the heavy-breathing-blurry-vision-head-spinning if I don’t go in there with a little bit of purpose. If that is you, then I’m here to help ya out! Here you will find my 2019 Sephora VIB Sale picks!
With the VIB sale going on, theres not a better time to snag a few things you’ve been wanting or needing. And if you need some direction, here are my faves! (Rouge members get 20% off and can shop now through May 1st! VIB 15% off and Insiders 10% off can shop May 2nd – May 6th!)
TOP 10 FAVORITE SEPHORA PURCHASES
- Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Oil – Lapis oil has been great for my calming irritated and acne-prone skin. Blue tansy has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is in the chamomile family. Just imagine how soothing chamomile tea is to your bod, this does that for your skin! Miracle ingredient! I’ve repurchased this twice now. It’s so good!
- Shiseido Benefiance eye cream – I’ve tried my fair share of eye creams at many different price points and I feel like you get what you pay for with this one. It’s worth every penny! My under eye makeup hardly creases and the whole area stays hydrated and healthy looking. Plus you can use it both under and on your eyelids! This is my fave!
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma serum – I wanted to hate this product because of the price point but here we are. Obviously I don’t hate it and I actually am obsessed! Theres just no denying the brightening results. My skin also feels more firm and the ingredients work to diminish the appearance of aging. Yes please!
- Pharmacy sheet masks – If you’re a sheet masker, treat yourself to one of the best fitting sheet masks I’ve found. The brighting one leaves me extra glowy and the leftover serum makes a nice treatment once the mask is removed. Pamper yourself!
- Ole Henriksen Cold Plunge Pore Mask – Read all about my thoughts on this mask on this post but quick recap, this is one of my acne fighting essentials! Great for detoxing and purifying congested skin!
- Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask – This is an infinite repurchase. I use this both morning and evening and have for a year and a half. I often take it with me when I leave the house because I just don’t want to have to know a life without it! Even once it has soaked in, my lips feel hydrated and healthy. One jar lasted me over a year!
- Summer Fridays R+R mask – this mask is packed with fatty oils and vitamins as well as a physical exfoliating ingredient so its like a 2 -in -1 mask. Once you’ve removed dead skin cells with exfoliation, the oils do their work to hydrate and heal and restore. I really loooove the way my skin looks and feels after I use this!
- Isle of Paradise self-tanning drops – Self-tanning doesn’t get easier than this. I add a drop or two to my nightly moisturizer and apply it just as I normally would. No mits or any other inconveniences required! The color is a true warm tan, not orange at all. Everyone loves a good tan but not at the expense of your skins health. Make sure to use sunscreen and get your glow this way instead!
- Youth to the People Superberry Dream Mask – this is a sleeping mask so I use this in place of my moisturizer and wake up to plump, hydrated, firm, BRIGHT skin. This mask is goooood!
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment 15 SPF – It’s tricky to find a lip protecting product that doesn’t leave a white cast so this was a good find! It has a hint of color so you can protect and look fly at the same time! My fave color is Rose.
TOP MAKEUP PICKS
When I was preparing for this post, I noticed almost everything I loved and wanted to include was a skincare item so I figured I’d just make a separate graphic for my fave makeup purchases. There isn’t much because I get almost all of my faves from MASKCARA but here are some products I think are worth your money!
- Stila Glitter and Glow mini set – almost every time they put out a new set, I have to snag it. You get 3 mini’s for the price of 1 full size! Unless you’re using it everyday, it will dry out before you get to use all of it anyway so the mini’s are way better! Plus these sets are a great way to try multiple colors. This one is really exciting to me because I’ve yet to try any of their red options!
- Milk Makeup Blur and Set powder – I love this powder because it doesn’t make me look matte. I love dewy skin but there is a difference between dewy and oily (which I struggle with occasionally). When my skin is going through an oilier phase, this powder is my knight in shining armor because it takes away the shine but still leaves me looking like skin! I don’t love powders in general but this is my only exception.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick – if you’re looking to treat yourself to a nice lipstick, this is a really good one! It’s a thick creamy formula that is neither matte nor shiny, the perfect in-between. I’ve found that it doesn’t bleed or crack/separate either. It’s just a really good quality lipstick and it comes in so many beautiful shades! Chai is my fave.
This is another short section and there are a couple reasons for that. First, most of the things that are high up on my list to try are from smaller brands that aren’t carried at Sephora. Second, the things I am tempted to try are newer and I don’t want to purchase until I’ve heard more reviews! Don’t feel tempted to buy anything JUST because its on sale! If I don’t have a need for it, I try not to get sucked in! Pep-talking myself there 😉 HA!
- The Inkey List Multi-Biotic moisturizer – Honestly, I want to try just about everything from this brand! But if I had to pick just one thing that is different from anything else I have in my collection, this is it! It’s a pH balanced lightweight moisturizer that combines pro, pre and post-biotics to improve uneven dull skin and fight aging and oily skin. It honestly sounds like a dream product!
- Drunk Elephant Get Even kit – This is a 5 piece set of mini products, several of which have been on my list to try. Drunk Elephant is a pricier brand so this seems like the best way to really get my money’s worth! I’ve tried the retinol and liked it, though a trial of anything is too small to really see results…especially for a retinol. I’d like to give this a real shot! And the glycolic treatment has been on my watch list for a while! Wouldn’t mind a backup of the c-firma and the other products are bonuses. This is just an awesome set!
- Laniege Lip Glowy Balm – This is essentially a pocket size of the sleeping mask and I’d love the ease of this to carry around with me every day! I’ll take one for my car, one for my bathroom, one for my purse…you get the point etc I have my eye on grapefruit!
ADDITIONAL VIB SALE INFO
April 26 – May 1
Early Access for Rouge Members
20% Off CODE : HEYROUGE
May 2 – 6 VIB Members
15% Off CODE : HEYVIB
B.I. Members 10% Off CODE : HEYINSIDER
Offer can be redeemed unlimited in-store and online – Valid for both USA & Canada
OK I think I’ve talked enough for one post but this was fun! Hopefully, I’ve made some Sephora 2019 VIB Sale picks & decisions easier for you! I want to hear, what do you plan on getting?? If you’re getting/have gotten anything based on my recommendations, I’d love to hear about it!